⅔ cup prunes
1½ cups water
¾ cup coconut
¾ cup kamut flour or gluten free flour
1 cup gluten free large flake oats
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup gluten free dark chocolate, cut into slivers (or
½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
¼ cup hemp hearts
1 banana, mashed
3 TBP maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a jelly roll pan (or cookie
2. Put water and prunes in pot, over med-high heat. Bring to a
boil. Take off and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Put the coconut in a dry pan over medium heat. Stir
occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Put the coconut, kamut or gluten free flour, gluten free
oats, cranberries, chocolate, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts in bowl. Stir. Stir in
the mashed banana and maple syrup.
5. Add the prunes and water to a food processor or bullet.
Puree until smooth. This should make about ¾ cup prune paste. Add to the
6. Pour onto the pan and press down to pack. It should be about
¾inch thick. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Take out and cut into 20 squares. Let cool
completely before removing.
By: Selena de Vries